Access to capital¹
Planning Your Capital Needs
- Determining Your Capital Needs - How much do you need to finance your start-up or expansion? Learn how to estimate your capital and working capital needs.
- Preparing to Raise Capital - Make sure you're prepared before you start looking for funding. Learn how to prepare yourself for investing or lending success.
- Partners and Investors: The Inside Story on Outside Investment - Investors and partners can provide funding, but they may have different expectations. Learn the pros and cons of these resources.
- A Loan or A Line of Credit? What's Best For Your Business? - Is a loan of a line of credit right for your business? Learn more about these different types of credit.
- Financing Options from Inside Your Business - Learn more about non-traditional sources of financing like asset-based financing, receivables financing, and factoring.
- Collateralized Financing: Using What You Got - An unsecured loan is made without collateral. Your signature may be all you need to obtain needed financing.
- Don't Buy It. Lease It. - Leasing is often the ideal solution to meet the equipment and space needs of start-ups and small businesses.
- Equipment Financing: Limit for IRS Section 179 deductions increased. - Find out how the permanent extension of IRS Section 179 benefits your business.
Debt vs. Equity Financing
- Find the Right Lender: Get Terms That Fit Company Needs - The right lender is not just a source of financing, but also provides guidance, advice and networking leads.
- Employees as Investors: How to Raise Capital through an ESOP - This article illustrates how your employees can help you raise capital and take a larger part in the success of your business.
- Maintaining Sound Investor Relationships: Take Care Of Your Partners - Acquiring funds is just the start of your partnership; here's how to build and maintain a great relationship with your company's investors.