Selling Online - Learn how to use the Internet to market and sell to your customers locally, nationally, and internationally.
The Internet has opened up a new marketplace that has allowed millions of small business owners to compete internationally with companies of all sizes. Some companies are just highlighting their businesses, while others that are selling online have seen their businesses double in size. If you decide to sell your products online, you need to think about how to handle the transaction, customer service, return policies, etc.
- How Your Website Helps Your Company - Your site needs to describe your business, its products or services, your value proposition and your service philosophy.
- Understanding Site Design - An effective website blends text, images and video to provide a good overview of your company and what it offers. Learn how to showcase your team members, products and more.
- Getting Started in E-Commerce - Online shopping carts are critical because they also manage the site ’s merchandise descriptions, images, inventory, customer information and payment data.
Optimizing Your Site
- Understanding Search Engine Optimization - Learn to provide valuable content that people want to read, and to use keywords that place you high on search result pages.
- Site Maps Help Search Engines Find Your Company - Your site can provide a number of benefits, if customers and prospects can find it. Learn to rank well in search engine results pages.
- Analytics Provide Web Traffic Insight - Analytics tools can provide powerful insights into how customers and prospects are attracted to your website, and how you can best optimize website content.
Promoting Your Site
- Boost Your Business with Email Newsletters - An email newsletter offers many benefits to your company, including a two-way relationship that makes customers more willing to do business with you.
- Promoting Word-of-Mouth Success - Favorable recommendations or reviews are hard to match. Learn to inspire customers to say nice things about your company.
- Securing Your Company’s Website - An ecommerce site under attack could lose business and inflict suffer reputational damage on your company. Avoid this with a few simple precautions.
- Protecting Your Company Blog from Hackers - The best advice for protecting your website or blog involves updating your blogging platform and regularly backing up your content.